Translate

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

SUNSET

On my own today. I couldn't decide what to do. As I swung back and forth in my chair thinking, I glanced at my PC screen which showed a photo that  I admired and put on my desktop a couple of weeks ago that I thought I’d like to paint. A sunset seascape with some lovely colours in the mackerel sky and cliff tops.

I used a canvas frame this time. Mainly because I have used this make before and knew it would do what I wanted it to do. Some boards and canvas’s sometimes do what I call play up even though they say they've been primed and I find I have to redo them before I start painting. You might ask how do I know they are not going to do the job. I don’t, the only way is to try it. If you buy more than one of the same make that does this then you know before you paint on one next time, prime it yourself before you start. You can use any acrylic to cover it. Oil will adhere to most acrylics but not the reverse. It depends on what I have decided to do what colour I use.

I had problems trying to create the mackerel sky, so I reverted to my own way of creating clouds but still brought them in towards the sunlight.  My sun glow turned out bigger than I would have wished but decided to leave it and go with the flow. I never try to copy a photograph because I know I can’t but use idea and see what happens. I leave some things out and add things as the idea comes into my head depending on how the painting is turning out. I just see something there and add.

I’m very happy with the end result. 



No comments:

Post a Comment